Kate Fraser, a volunteer for Prisoners Abroad, tells us about the work the charity does, why she got involved, and some awesome news in episode 12 of the Good News Shared podcast.
Listen to the interview below:
In this interview you will hear about:
- The support group for families of people in prison that Kate runs in Manchester:
“Kate in Manchester has helped me get my life back together, with her no-nonsense approach. The group allows time to be open about our individual problems and we get helpful advice from other families” – a previous attendee to the support group in Manchester
- The work and support Prisoners Abroad provide both the families and the prisoners
- What it is like for families who have a loved one in prison abroad:
“People have lost friends that they have had for years and years because of the result of having a loved one imprisoned.” – Kate Fraser
- Why Kate started volunteering for the charity
- What it’s like to be in prison abroad compared to a prison in the UK
- Some good news from the charity
Prisoners Abroad is the only charity in the UK that provide services to British citizens who are imprisoned overseas. They support the prisoner and their family members. To find out more about the work Prisoners Abroad do please visit their website.