Having worked for the Sailors’ Society for a number of years it would have been understandable if 74 year old Bill McCrea decided to put his feet up and relax once he retired. Bill retired 9 years ago, but instead of putting his feet up he has continued supporting seafarers and their families as a volunteer.
Hear Bill’s story below:
Subscribe to the Good News Shared podcast in iTunes
Sailors’ Society is an international maritime charity that provides practical, emotional and spiritual help for merchant seafarers at home, in port and at sea. With a presence in over 50 global ports and 23 countries, the charity aims to transform the lives of seafarers and their families all over the world.
In this episode of the Good News Shared podcast:
– Find out why Bill decided to volunteer for the Sailors’ Society after retiring
– Learn what’s different, if anything, now Bill is a volunteer for the charity
– Understand what Bill’s role as a Chaplain involves
– Hear about some of the challenging times he has experienced
– Find out what led to Bill being featured in the Daily Mirror newspaper
– Finally, hear some recent good news from the Sailors’ Society
The book recommended by Bill to read during the interview is George Charles Smith of Penzance.
Please note: this is an affiliate link – this means if you buy anything on Amazon using the link Good News Shared will earn 5% commission. This money will help us keep the site running and the good news flowing. The price you pay will be the same as if you went to Amazon directly.
Find out more about the Sailors’ Society by visiting their website.[magicactionbox]