In episode 14 of the Good News Shared podcast Michelle Atherton, a volunteer for Halow Project, shares her experiences with us. Listen to the episode below:
Halow Project is a charity providing opportunities and support for young people with learning disabilities to access social activities, community based learning and work like experiences.
“Every day Halow changes people’s lives. They really are truly helping hundreds of young people live a fantastic life.”
In this interview Michelle shares:
- Why she started volunteering for the charity
- The activities Halow Project provide
- The challenges she has faced in her role at the charity
- Her favourite memory from her time at Halow Project – it involves Peter Andre 🙂
- The one thing she would love more people to know about Halow Project
- Two awesome pieces of good news from the charity
Halow Project was in its infancy when Michelle started volunteering with them and so it’s really interesting to hear about her experiences. Click here to listen to the interview on iTunes.
Find out more about the work Halow Project do by visiting their website.