In episode 16 of the Good News Shared podcast I spoke with Jonathan Levy, a Trustee at Dyspraxia Foundation. Listen to the interview below:
The average age of trustees in England and Wales is 57; Jonathan is 24, and became a trustee when he was 22.
Jonathan has a form of dyspraxia, which is a neurological condition thought to affect 6 – 10 % of the population, though people may have it but not be diagnosed.
In the interview Jonathan tells us:
- Why he felt compelled to raise awareness of dyspraxia
- What the role of a trustee involves
- How he became a trustee
- Why he became a trustee
- Some famous people who have dyspraxia
- Challenges he has faced and how he has overcome them
- What advice he would give to people who are interested in becoming a trustee
- What he wishes more people knew about dyspraxia
- How dyspraxia affects him
- The services Dyspraxia Foundation provide
- Good news from Dyspraxia Foundation (Britain’s Got Talent fans in particular will love this)
Dyspraxia Foundation helpline number: 01462 454986