Janet Chapman, a volunteer for Tanzania Development Trust (TDT), tells us about her experiences in episode 17 of the Good News Shared podcast. Listen to the interview below:
The Tanzania Development Trust funds small grassroots projects in Tanzania, including providing solar panels for dispensaries so women don’t have to give birth in the dark and desks for schools so students don’t have to crouch on the floor.
In the interview you will hear about:
- What led to Janet to volunteer full-time for the Tanzania Development Trust
- What her role is in the UK and in Tanzania
- The impact the charity is having on people in Tanzania
- Incredible, inspiring stories from Janet’s time with the charity, including why a woman who used to be a circumciser is now advocating against it.
- Challenges Janet has faced
- Some good news from the charity
Listen to the interview with Janet on iTunes by clicking here.
If you live in London and you would like to support the charity please attend their event in November which Janet tells us about in the podcast interview. The details can be found here.
Also, to find out more about Janet’s experiences with Tanzania Development Trust please take a look at her blog.