Debbie Cundy, a volunteer and fundraiser for Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity, shares her story with us in episode 18 of the Good News Shared podcast. Listen to the interview below:
Debbie used fundraising goals as motivation to lose 12 stone in weight, which she has kept off for over 8 years now.
In the interview Debbie tells us about:
- How she ‘took a negative thing – being massively overweight – to a positive thing”
- How she lost 12 stone in weight and kept it off
- What got her involved with Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity initially
- What the well-regarded charity does and how you can get involved if you’d like to
- How the Tour de France being in England inspired her to buy a road bike, despite never having been on a road bike before!
- How her journey has led her to start a coaching business
- Her favourite memories, including the time when she got to interview Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity Patron Jessica Ennis-Hill
Some inspiring quotes from Debbie:
“I’m almost 50.. it’s never too late to change your life.”
“Enjoy your life and be happy in the moment, that’s all that matters”
Debbie mentioned that the charity recently published an impact report. Click here to read it.
To listen to the interview on iTunes please click here.