19 year old Victoria Jenkinson is a passionate volunteer for Girlguiding UK. Listen to her experiences and stories in episode 25 of the Good News Shared podcast below:
Victoria is a member of Girlguiding’s Advocate panel, which is a group of 18 young Girlguiding members aged 14-25 from across the UK. The panel meet throughout the year to talk about issues that are important to them, such as body confidence, representation of girls and women in the media, access to better sex and relationships education and role models for girls.
Advocates represent Girlguiding on a national platform, speaking to MPs at events in the House of Commons and party conferences.
As part of her Advocate role, Victoria also helps to shape the direction of Girlguiding’s research and advocacy work to give girls a voice and make positive change to improve girls’ lives.
Victoria is also a Parish Councillor in her home town of Great Haywood and has done lots of work in her local community.
In the interview Victoria tells us:
- Why she thinks Girlguiding is such an incredible organisation to be part of
- What girls and young women can get from being a Girlguiding member
- What her volunteering role involves
- How she is raising awareness of the issues facing girls and young women today
- Some good news from Girlguiding
… And lots more!
Please share this interview with any young people you know who might be inspired by it.