Music has the power to connect us all, and a recent survey by Dignity Health has found that dads are actively choosing to use music to bond with their children.
96% of dads said they listen to music with their kids at least once a week. This simple act can make dads feel happier and more in-tune with their children. The survey revealed that:
- Music makes dads happier and more connected: 78% of dads surveyed feel happy when they listen to music with their children and 61% say it makes them feel more connected.
- Music plays a role for the majority of dads with young children: 50% of dads with kids five and under listen to music every single day as an activity with their children.
- Dads and teens still bond over music: More than 1 in 3 dads still listen to music daily with their teenagers.
The top 10 songs dads reported listening to with their children at the moment are:
- “Natural” by Imagine Dragons
- “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey
- “Baby Shark”
- “Livin’ On A Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- “Wheels On The Bus”
- “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X and ft. Billy Ray Cyrus
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee
- “High Hopes” by Panic! At The Disco
- “Dancing With A Stranger” by Sam Smith and Normani
- “Wow” by Post Malone