Has your cat done something outstanding?
Cats Protection is calling on cat owners across the UK to nominate their furry friends for the prestigious National Cat Awards.
Now in its tenth year, the awards celebrate the difference cats make to owners’ lives by highlighting heart-warming stories of devotion, companionship and courage.
Entries open on Tuesday 9 January and owners have until noon on Friday 9 March to nominate their cat for one of five categories:
- Hero Cat – Cats that save the day
- Most Caring Cat – Cats that positively impact a person’s health or wellbeing
- Furr-ever Friends – Tales of friendship between children and cats
- Outstanding Rescue Cat – Fabulous felines adopted from animal charities
- Purina® Better Together – Celebrating the special bond that has transformed and enriched the lives of both a feline and human
Sponsored by PURINA® for the seventh year, a panel of celebrity cat-lovers have the hard job of selecting the deserving winners who will be presented with their awards at a star-studded ceremony at the Savoy Hotel in London on Thursday 2 August.
The overall winner will inherit the title of National Cat of the Year from Genie – a cat from Lincoln who helped schoolgirl Evie Henderson battle bone cancer.
Genie followed in the paw prints of a long line of feline heroes honoured by Cats Protection. They include Tink, who saved her owners from a house fire, and Jessi-Cat who was celebrated for helping a seven-year-old boy cope with Selective Mutism.